2000 AD ART STARS – ENTER NOW!
Brand new competition that could see YOU getting your art published in 2000 AD - and paid for it!
5 months ago
Some of the biggest artists in comic books got their break at the legendary award-winning 2000 AD – and you could be joining them!
Our new art competition - 2000 AD Art Stars - is your chance to get into the pages of 2000 AD AND get paid for it!
Star Scans have been a staple of 2000 AD since its earliest days: single-image pin-ups of the greatest characters in the galaxy, from Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog to Dan Dare and Rogue Trooper, drawn by some of the best artists in comics from Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons to Jock and Liam Sharp!
Every four months, we’re giving artistic Earthlets the chance to submit Star Scan pin-ups based on 2000 AD characters – and the winner, chosen by the editorial team at 2000 AD, will be published in a future edition of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic. PLUS they’ll be paid for their art!
Each four months we’ll announce a new theme and Earthlets can submit their art direct to the editorial droids. Our editor will choose their favourite image for publication. Plus, a runner up will be chosen by public vote and receive zarjaz 2000 AD graphic novels! This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of some of comics’ greatest artistic talents and, who knows, maybe break into the industry yourself!
The theme for the 2000 AD Art Stars competition for winter 2018 is ... Rogue Trooper!
Bred for war, but living for revenge - he is the last of the Genetic Infantrymen ... he is Rogue Trooper! After his comrades are wiped out in the devastating Quartz Zone Massacre, Rogue goes on a quest to find the general who betrayed them, carrying the consciousnesses of three of his fallen brothers as biochips implanted into his equipment.
Please carefully read the terms and conditions below and submit your entry by emailing email@example.com
The deadline for entries is 1st February 2019.
Follow the competition as we feature selected entries on 2000 AD’s social media at:
Don't forget - 2000 AD's normal open sequential art submissions process is now open for the next six months.
Terms and Conditions:
- Entries must be sent by 9pm GMT on date of stated deadline.
- All entries will be judged by editorial staff at 2000 AD. The judges’ decision is final.
- Entries that do not fit the theme will not be considered.
- Entries must not include the use of licensed characters from outside of those owned by Rebellion/2000 AD.
- Entries must not bear any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead – i.e. no celebrity likenesses.
- A maximum of THREE entries per person will be permitted. In the event of more than three being sent, only the first three will be considered by the judges.
- The winning entry will be published as a ‘Star Scan’ in a forthcoming edition of 2000 AD, the date to be decided by editorial.
- In order for their entry to be published in 2000 AD and to receive payment, the winner must sign a standard contract with 2000 AD/Rebellion.
- Entries may be selected to feature on 2000 AD's social media accounts with due named credit. Due to the volume of entries, there is no guarantee an image will be shared on social media.
- Non-winning entries will not be used by 2000 AD and will be deleted from Rebellion's servers as soon as a winner is chosen (selected images will remain on social media but can be removed upon request). Artwork remains the property of artists but copyright of characters remains with Rebellion.
- Entries will not be considered from professional artists currently or having previously worked in the comic book industry, as adjudicated by 2000 AD.
- Please respect the droids – spam or aggressive/threatening emails or messages will result in any entry being removed from the competition and the sender banned from future competitions.
- All characters are ™ Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ROGUE TROOPER IS USED AS TRADEMARK OR A REGISTERED TRADEMARK, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED