2000 AD ART STARS – ENTER NOW!
Brand new competition that could see YOU getting your art published in 2000 AD - and paid for it!
4 months ago
Some of the biggest artists in comic books got their break at the legendary award-winning 2000 AD – and you could be joining them!
Our new art competition - 2000 AD Art Stars - is your chance to get into the pages of 2000 AD AND get paid for it!
Star Scans have been a staple of 2000 AD since its earliest days: single-image pin-ups of the greatest characters in the galaxy, from Judge Dredd and Strontium Dog to Dan Dare and Rogue Trooper, drawn by some of the best artists in comics from Brian Bolland and Dave Gibbons to Jock and Liam Sharp!
Every four months, we’re giving artistic Earthlets the chance to submit Star Scan pin-ups based on 2000 AD characters – and the winner, chosen by the editorial team at 2000 AD, will be published in a future edition of the Galaxy’s Greatest Comic. PLUS they’ll be paid for their art!
Each four months we’ll announce a new theme and Earthlets can submit their art direct to the editorial droids. Our editor will choose their favourite image for publication. Plus, a runner up will be chosen by public vote and receive zarjaz 2000 AD graphic novels! This is your chance to follow in the footsteps of some of comics’ greatest artistic talents and, who knows, maybe break into the industry yourself!
The Judge Dredd-themed 2000 AD Art Stars competition is now CLOSED to entries. The winner will be announced soon.
The theme and deadline for the next 2000 AD Art Stars competition will be announced in late September.
Follow the competition as we feature selected entries on 2000 AD’s social media at:
- Instagram: instagram.com/2000adartcomp
- Facebook: facebook.com/2000adartcomp
- Twitter: twitter.com/2000AD
- Tumblr: 2000ADonline.tumblr.com
2000 AD's normal open sequential art submissions process is now open and the 2000 AD art and writing competitions will again take place at the Thought Bubble convention on 22nd-23rd September in Leeds.
Terms and Conditions:
- All entries will be judged by editorial staff at 2000 AD. The judges’ decision is final.
- The winning entry will be published as a ‘Star Scan’ in a forthcoming edition of 2000 AD, the date to be decided by editorial.
- In order for their entry to be published in 2000 AD and to receive payment, the winner must sign a standard contract with 2000 AD/Rebellion.
- Entries may be selected to feature on 2000 AD's social media accounts with due named credit.
- Non-winning entries will not be used by 2000 AD and will be deleted from Rebellion's servers as soon as a winner is chosen (selected images will remain on social media but can be removed upon request). Artwork remains the property of artists but copyright of characters remains with Rebellion.
- Entries not fitting the relevant quarter's theme will not be considered.
- Entries will not be considered from professionals currently or previously working in the comic book industry, as adjudicated by 2000 AD.
- All characters are ™ Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. JUDGE DREDD®JUDGE DREDD IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ROGUE TROOPER® ROGUE TROOPER IS USED AS TRADEMARK OR A REGISTERED TRADEMARK, © Rebellion 2000 AD Ltd, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED